Nick Name: SRK, King Khan
Birthday: November 2, 1965
Age: 56 Years, 56 Year Old Males
Sun Sign: Scorpio
Also Known As: ShahRukh Khan
Born Country: India
Born In: New Delhi, India
Famous As: Film Actor
Spouse/Ex-: Gauri Khan
Father: Taj Mohammed Khan
Mother: Lateef Fatima Khan
Siblings: Shehnaz Lalarukh Khan
Children: AbRam Khan, Aryan Khan, Suhana Khan
City: New Delhi, India
Founder/Co-Founder: Dreamz Unlimited, Red Chillies Entertainment
Who is Shah Rukh Khan?
Shah Rukh Khan is one of the leading actors in the Indian film industry, having ruled the Indian cinematic world for decades. Often referred to as the romantic icon of Indian cinema, Shah Rukh has many nicknames such as’ Badshah of Bollywood ‘, King Khan’ and ‘King of Bollywood’. He was a brilliant student who also did well in extracurricular activities. He pursued his dream of becoming an actor and his passion for his work made him one of the most famous actors in the world. He worked hard throughout his career and never gave up. He has had many ups and downs in his life, such as trauma and criticism, but this has only added to his enthusiasm. This talented actor makes a fresh start every time he is hit by an obstacle. He has a positive outlook on life and experiences everything that comes with strong faith in God. As an actor, you taste great success and sad failure. However the success he has registered makes his failure look insignificant. He is also the co-ordinator and owner of a cricket team playing in the ‘Indian Premier League’, a cricket tournament. He is a family man, despite being busy, finding time to spend with his family.
Childhood & Early Life:
- He was born Meer Taj Mohammed Khan and Lateef Fatima on 2nd November 1965, in New Delhi, the capital of India.
Khan received his education at St. Columba’s School ‘, Delhi, and he was a special student. He excelled in sports and was awarded the ‘Sword of Honor’, the greatest pleasure ever given to a student by this institution.
- In 1985, he joined the prestigious ‘Hansraj College’ based in Delhi, to pursue a degree in Economics. During this time, he also trained in acting under the direction of Barry John, a former theater writer associated with the ‘Theater Action Group’.
- He graduated in 1988, and then joined ‘Jamia Millia Islamia University’, to further his postgraduate studies in Mass Communication. However he left the institute and decided to start a modeling career.
- For a long time, she joined the ‘National School of Drama’, in Delhi before starting her acting career.
- He got his first acting break with the 1988 television show ‘Dil Dariya’ which was Lekh Tandon’s directing program. The launch of the show was delayed due to a few production problems and was eventually released.
- In 1989, another ‘Fauji’ series was launched starring Shah Rukh, who made his appearance on television. That same year a soap called ‘Circus’ was released, in which Khan played a key role.
- At the same time, he also appeared in other television series, such as ‘Umeed’ and ‘Wagle ki Duniya’, as well as a televised film called ‘In Where Annie Gives It Those Ones’.
- In 1991, director Mani Kaul ‘Idiot’ featured him, and in the same year, the actor, who still wanted to go to Mumbai (then Bombay), dreamed of joining the Indian film industry.
- In the same year he signed four films and began filming ‘Dil Aashna Hai’, which was the first book by Indian film director Hema Malini.
- His film ‘Deewana’ was released in 1992, and thus began the Bollywood actor’s journey. This year a few more films have also been released, such as ‘Dil Aashna Hai’, ‘Chamatkar’ and ‘Raju Ban Gaya Gentleman’.
- After starring in the main character in several films, Khan entered the role of a hero. In 1993, he starred in anti-hero films ‘Darr’ and ‘Baazigar’. That same year, her film ‘Maya Memsaab’, was released. The film was surrounded by a lot of controversy due to a nude scene starring Khan and actor Deepa Sahi. The following year, his films ‘Anjaam’ and ‘Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa’ reached the audience.
- In 1995, a film with the actor’s rebirth theme, titled ‘Karan Arjun’ was released. In the film, directed by Rakesh Roshan, he shared the screen space with another famous actor named Salman Khan.
- The year 1995 was a turning point in Khan’s career and in the Indian film industry, with the film ‘Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge’ breaking into theaters. The film was released with the advent of the famous movie ‘Yash Raj Films’ and marked the debut of director Aditya Chopra.
- The film was very popular in the box office and was equally praised by audiences and critics alike. It broke all previous records in the Indian film industry and created new records. Movie commercials have dubbed it the ‘blockbuster of all time’. The movie has been screened in movie theaters since 1995 and is still screened.
- The year 1996 was not successful as all the films released that year failed to do well in the box. These include ‘Army’, ‘English Babu Desi Mem’ and ‘Chaahat’. The following year his film ‘Yes Boss’ was released in cinemas throughout India.
- During the 1997-99 season, he starred in many films such as’ Pardes’, Dil Toh Pagal Hai ‘,’ Duplicate ‘,’ Dil Se ‘,’ Kuch Kuch Hota Hai ‘and’ Badshah ‘. His roles in these flicks helped the actor to become an icon of the Indian film industry.
- In 1999, he became the producer and founder of Dreamz Unlimited ’production house with actor Juhi Chawla and acclaimed director Aziz Mirza.
- The first film produced by the production house was ‘Phir Bhi Dil Hai Hindustani’, starring Juhi Chawla and Shah Rukh Khan. This Flick, released in 2000, did not make it to the box office.
- That same year, his film ‘Mohabbatein’ was released with the popular ad ‘Yash Raj Films’ and starring Indian actor Amitabh Bachchan. The film is said to have been inspired by the popular Hollywood drama ‘Dead Poet’s Society’.
- Khan’s film ‘Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham’ directed by renowned filmmaker Karan Johar’s banner, ‘Dharma Productions’, was released in 2001. The family game film has collected the highest international boxing collection for five years.
- That same year, his film ‘Asoka’ based on the life of the great Indian emperor with the same name, hit theaters. Unfortunately, the film also continued to be a flop in the box office. However, it was well received by the audience at its screening of film festivals such as the ‘Venice Film Festival’ and the ‘2001 Toronto International Film Festival’.
- In 2002, a full-time drama film ‘Devdas’ was released, directed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali. The film was well received by the audience and critics alike. Khan’s performance in the film was also well received.
- During the 2003-07 season, he played a leading role in several movies that became blockbusters. These works include ‘Kal Ho Naa Ho’, ‘Chalte Chalte’, ‘Veer-Zaara’, ‘Swades’, ‘Main Hoon Na’, ‘Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna’, ‘Paheli’, ‘Don’, ‘Chak De! India ‘and’ Om Shanti Om ‘.
- In 2004, he renovated his production house after parting ways with his business partners Juhi Chawla and Aziz Mirza. The new business, owned by his wife Gauri, is named ‘Red Chillies Entertainment’.
- In 2007, he launched the popular questionnaire ‘Kaun Banega Crorepati’. He has also been the presenter of several television programs such as ‘Kya Aap Paanchvi Pass Se Tez Hain?’ And ‘Zor Ka Jhatka: Total Wipeout’.
- In 2008, she starred in Aditya Chopra directed for the film ‘Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi’ and the following year, made a special appearance in the movie ‘Billu’.
- In 2008, she bought the copyright of the Kolkata cricket team at the ‘Indian Premier League’ (IPL) cricket tournament with actor Juhi Chawla and her husband Jay Mehta. The group was named the ‘Kolkata Knight Riders’.
- His film ‘My Name Is Khan’ based on the true story was released in 2010, and the film was highly regarded. The film went on to break records at the box office overseas, and gained a reputation as one of the most influential Indian films in foreign markets.
- During the 2011-14 season, he made several movies such as ‘Ra One’, ‘Don 2’, ‘Jab Tak hai Jaan’, ‘Chennai Express’, and ‘Happy New Year’. He has many cinema projects planned and one of his upcoming fixtures.
- He has starred in numerous blockbuster films that add feathers to his head. However, the hottest song in Shah Rukh’s work was the film ‘Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge’ (DDLJ). The film is also considered one of the biggest blockbusters in Indian cinema history.
- The film entered theaters in 1995 and has created new records. This completes 1000 weeks of 2014 shows which is a record in itself.